Nanoscience - Unit Summary
16 lessons, 1 hour each
swipe for more
Lesson 8 – Safety and Ethical issues
In these lessons students will:
- Consider the safety and ethical issues related to the use of Nanotechnology.
- Present their media file presentations to their peers.
- Upload their completed narrated PowerPoint presentation for assessment.
- Look to demonstrate a range of engaging presentation skills.
- Listen and engage with others as you wish others to do with you.
Learning SequenceShow all resources
Review the students understanding of the key points in lesson 7.
Investigation – Students view the YouTube clip – The strange world of Nanoscience to promote questions about safety and ethical use. Resources
Investigation – Students view the PowerPoint Lesson 8.1 Safety and Ethical Issues to promote thinking about the potential for misuse and ethical dilemmas of Nano Tubes. Resources
Collaboration – Students present their media files and narrated PowerPoint presentations. Students are provided with a links to the shared Google drive to upload their presentations.
Reflection – Students complete an online survey of the Nanoscience unit.
Collaboration – Students discuss the unit and the high and low points.
Students complete the online survey review of the Nanoscience unit. Students directed to the shared NVSES Google drive to complete the survey.