Quantum Physics - Unit Summary
16 lessons, 1 hour each
swipe for more
Lesson 1 – Introduction to the learning environment and the four fundamental forces
In these lessons students will be introduced to:
- The big ideas in the Quantum Physics unit.
- The WebEx environment and communication tools.
- The unit assessment tasks and due dates.
- The four fundamental forces and their relative strengths.
- The basic structure of the atom and its key constituent particles.
- General welcome and introduction to the NVSES learning environment.
- Quantum Physics helps us to explain what we see around us from the fundamental particles of matter to understandings of the universe.
- Many of our everyday experiences cannot be explained without an understanding of Quantum Physics.
Learning SequenceShow all resources
Teachers welcome students and introduce themselves. Students are invited to introduce themselves to the class and explore the online learning environment. Teachers ensure that student cameras and microphones are operational.
Collaboration – Teachers discuss unit enrolment and the NVSES learning environment. Students are encouraged to introduce themselves to the class and locate the unit resources.
Investigation – Students are introduced to key ideas in the unit and explore the nature of the four fundamental forces. Prezi 4 Fundamental Forces and Atomic structure. Resources
Investigation – Teachers question students about their understanding of the structure of matter and their understanding of the four fundamental forces. Resources
Reflection – Students discuss and share their comparative understanding of the different types of forces and their relative strengths. Attempt activity 1.1. Resources
Students are encouraged to explore possible quantum topics suitable for their assignment research task and presentation in week 8 and complete Activity 1.1 - Four Fundamental Forces. Resources